Borderless World Foundation (bwf)
Block F,Nikhil Pride phase II, Tilak Road, Sadashiv Peth,
Ansprechpartner: Adhik Kadam
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The Borderless World Foundation (bwf) is a non-governmental, not-for-profit, registered organization based in Pune, Maharashtra. Established in March 2002, bwf aims to provide a ´Humane Touch´ to the border areas of India and beyond. With its prime focus on geographically remote and disadvantaged border areas, bwf launched its rehabilitation projects in the frontier districts of Kupwara, Budgam, and Anantnag. A home for girl children of the displaced families living in Jammu was started in august 2009.
Our focus areas are:
• Health care,
• Rehabilitation of orphans & widows,
• Women empowerment,
• Migrants & refugees, and
• Empowerment through employment.
• To expand the existing home – Basera-e-Tabassum, to accommodate more girls as and when the infrastructure and finances are available – five hundred children by 2015.
• To establish more number of homes in the valley on the model of Basera-e-Tabassum.
• To attend to the physical, mental and emotional health; hygiene and medical needs of the girls. With special emphasis on education.
• To provide each child protection from discrimination, abuse and neglect.
• To provide each child the right to development, including education and a standard of living which would be adequate for the child´s physical, mental, spiritual and social development.
• To mobilize the community, and also extend a hand through community outreach programmes and initiatives in the areas of education, health, and economic development.
• To organize medical and mental health camps, and set up Emergency Medical Services.
• To educate the children and the locals on health, nutrition, reproductive health, sanitation, hygiene etc.
• To provide training to the locals involved in our project for sustainability, local participation and ownership in the future.
• To network and closely partner with professionals and experts from other states to add value to the growth of the children.
• To conduct exposure and study tours for the children to various parts of India.
• To network with all other organizations both local and non-local, working in related areas (schools, training centers, hospitals, agencies)
Adhik Kadam is the Founder and Director of the Borderless World Foundation (bwf).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.