Rural Initiatives in Sustainability and Empowerment
Street A-14, Ittehad Colony
25000 Peshawar City
Ansprechpartner: Ismail, M.
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
Rural Initiatives in Sustainability and Empowerment was established in 1996. RISE is a non for profit, public interest organization, working in the north west frontier province of Pakistan.
RISE focuses on developing capacity of the community activists, so that it can play an active role in its society as agents of change for the empowerment of the disadvantaged sections of the society and sustain the initiatives of development, human rights, equality, equity, constitutionalism and democracy. RISE believes in the values of social justice, human equality, freedom of expression, peace and pluralism and is advocating for alternative socio-economic and political structures based upon these values.
- to develop capacity of the community activists, so that it plays an active role in its society as agents of change for empowerment of the disadvantaged sections of the society and sustain the initiatives of participatory development.
- to empower the disadvantaged sections of the society through awareness among community, intermediary and policy making level,
- to strengthen the capacity of partner CBOs and NGOs, to manage and sustain the development initiatives,
- to eliminate poverty through capacity building and promotion of micro entrepreneurship.
Prof. M. Ismail is the chairperson of the Rural Initiatives in Sustainability and Empowerment (RISE).
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Further we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work. We can promote networking in Pakistan.