Young Power in Social Action (YPSA)
House # F10(P), Road # 13, Block- B, Chandgaon R/A
Ansprechpartner: Arifur Rahman
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Young Power in Social Action (YPSA) is a voluntary, nonprofit, social development organization, founded in 1985 by active initiation of the socially conscious youth in Bangladesh.
YPSA envisions a society without poverty where everyone´s basic needs and rights are ensured. YPSA exists to participate with the poor and vulnerable population with all commitment to bring about their own and society´s sustainable development.
Development Program Interventions of YPSA
• HIV and STI Prevention Project
• TB Control program, Malaria Control Program
• Hygiene Sanitation Water (HYSAWA)
• Maternal Child Health and Family Planning Program (MCH & FP)
• Micro Health Insurance
• Community Managed Local Health Services in South -East Bangladesh
• Micro Finance and Micro Enterprise
• Self Employment by Promoting Income generation to Youth
• Women Empowerment through Entrepreneurship Development
• Development Initiative for Social Change (DISC)
• Development Initiative for Indigenous People (DIIP)
• Prevention and Protection of Victims of Human Trafficking in Bangladesh
• Advocacy for a Public Policy to Ensure Human Rights in Ship-breaking Industry
• Community Mobilization Project to End Violence against Women in Chittagong
• Promoting Rights for Persons with Disabilities (PRPD)
• Promoting pro-poor policy programs and public services for all
• Unique Interventions for Quality Primary Education-UNIQUE II Project
• Community Based Child Development Program (ComBaCD)
• Post Literacy and Continuing Education for Human Development Project-2
• Evergreen International School (EIS); Kazi Para Sheshu Nekatan and Alekdia Sheshu Neketan (Primary School)
Disaster Risk Reduction & Emergency Management:
• Enhanced Disaster Preparedness among Communities and institutions in Bangladesh
• Disaster Preparedness by Ensuring Water and Sanitation Facilities in Relief Shelters (DPE-WATSAN)
• Make Community based Disaster Risk Management inclusive South Asia (CBDRM)
Environment and Biodiversity:
• YPSA Herbarium
• Restoration and conservation of biodiversity in the denuded hills in Sitakunda and Mirsharai, Chittagong
Knowledge and Capacity Development:
• Rural Knowledge Center (RKC)
• Youth Community Multimedia Center (YCMC)
• Community Radio for building awareness on early warning system and climate change and health issues for the coastal population
Arifur Rahman is the Chief Executive of Young Power in Social Action (YPSA).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.