Muthamil Education and Rural Development Society (MERDS)
2/146, East Street, Uluppagudi (Po), Natham (T.K),
624 401 Dindigul (Dist), Tamil Nadu,
Ansprechpartner: A.Chandra Sekaran
+091 - 4544 – 244207; +9159989958
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Muthamil Education and Rural Development Society (MERDS), registered in 2000, is a Non-Profit voluntary service organization working for the development of rural people and children in Tamil Nadu, India for more than a decade.
The Organisation is committed to improve the socio – economic development of the down – trodden masses of Natham, Sanarpatty, Dindigul Blocks of Dindigul District and other parts of Tamil Nadu State, South India.
It strives work for the development of rural poor women, children and educated unemployed youth. It also try to create a sustainable mechanism at micro-level to build a society, based on equity and social justice.
• Child Care Centres to rehabilitate working children.
• Women empowerment through entrepreneurship development program.
• Skill training and income generation activities.
• Establishing rural banking system by mobilizing Revolving Loan Fund from financial institutions.
• Education and Health care to the poor.
• Legal literacy and Human Rights protection.
• Integrated Tribal Development programme.
• Cow for Kids project: We provide cows and calves to each family in 10 remote villages and the family takes care of the cows and they get self employed and they have to send their children to school and to our tuition centers without fail.
• Tuition Centers project: Tuition centers are the major motivation tool for the children who are studying in the rural villages. All the children are to attend the evening tuition at their respective villages. In this project we teach not only lessons but also the co curricular activities including sports and games.
• Drop Out School Children project: A vital project where 38 children from 6th standard to 9th standard are allowed to get admitted in our drop out school. The children are cared well in the doc school and they are given meal in the evening. The children are trained in extracurricular activities along with the games and sports events.
• Computer Class project: We do conduct computer classes for the beneficiaries in our training centre and 20 students were trained every year. The basic of computers, languages were taught to them.
• Education Scholarship project: This is one of the scholarship schemes which help the economically poor girls and who scored very good average marks in their final examinations. Such girls who were studying in different colleges and schools were identified and they were informed to the sponsors through BENG and they were given scholarship to complete their studies.
• Tailoring project: Tailoring students are engaging in the stitching and producing dress materials as per the need of the society. They are trained in measuring, cutting, designing and stitching the cloths.
• Self Help Group project: SHGs are formed and trained to rural women who are winning their daily bread through daily wage works. Our goal is to form a women bank so that the group will manage themselves to save money and get loans for their life progress.
• AIDS Awareness project: This project is aimed at spreading awareness about HIV-AIDS in villages through cultural performances. By using street theater, music and folk arts of native origin, this program tries to disseminate information about health issues in a way that can be understood by common laymen. In the process, it also tries to identify high risk individual through health surveys and tests them for HIV-AIDS subsequently.
A.Chandrasekaran is the Secretary of Muthamil Education and Rural Development Society (MERDS).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.