Rio Timbara N59-148 y Luis Tufiño
Ansprechpartner: Rudy Volker, Ramiro Porras
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Fundacion Zoobreviven is a private Ecuadorian, non-profit organisation. It was established in 1997 to protect Ecuador´s ecosystems and wildlife.
Our objective is to conserve the biodiversity of Ecuador through responsible use of natural resources, scientific research, environmental education, wildlife, plant and tree conservation and development of economic alternatives for local communities.
We manage three reserves in North Western Ecuador, two in the cloud forest of the Choco Bioregion and one in Esmereldas. We work to preserve these important environments through:
• wildlife, plant and tree conservation work,
• community education,
• environmental management,
• volunteer projects,
• community ecotourism and
• scientific research into the flora and fauna of the region.
• Fundacion Zoobreviven´s past projects include our Andean Spectacled Bear reintroduction program and community initiatives to provide alternative income to people living in the areas surrounding the reserves.
• We also run a volunteer program on our Alto Choco reserve where volunteers can assist with reserve management tasks, such as reforestation, organic farming, area patrolling, plant and tree development studies and more recently, coffee farming.
• The very serious threats facing the reserves include mining, illegal logging and hunting of Andean Spectacled bears and rare Mountain Tapirs. There is an urgent need to both protect the reserves and educate people about preserving these ecosystems.
• Fundacion Zoobreviven is also actively creating programmes of sustainable agriculture and development of natural resources to aid the local community and the environment.
• Workshops and Environmental Education with Schools, Universities & NGOs
• Research Projects, Conservation, Sustainable Management of Ecosystems and their Biodiversity
• Sustainable Farming Project
• Environmental Education, Tree nurseries and Reforestation in the Alto Chocó Reserve
• Community-based Eco-tourism Development Project
Rudy Volker is a hosting assistant and Ramiro Porras is the Director of the Fundacion Zoobreviven.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.