3628 ES Kockengen
Ansprechpartner: Drs. Krijn de Best
The Nepal Foundation (Stichting Nepal) is an initiative, which originated in a visit to Nepal by some visitors from the Netherlands. The personal experiences of these visitors led to the initiation of such an organisation.
The Foundation was registered with the Chamber of Commerce in Hilversum, Netherlands on 12 February 1993.
Nepal is one of the poorest countries in the world. The participation of women in the economic, political and professional spheres is extremely low in the regional as well as the international context. The education sector faces various problems. Basic education is still not available to all. More than half of the people are illiterate. Educational program lacks gender equality.
The objectives set for improvement in the sector of education in Nepal are as follows:
- to develop education as an effective means of human resource, development for the overall national development and poverty alleviation,
- to make primary education compulsory,
- to expand secondary and higher secondary education gradually in line with development need of the country,
- to expand opportunities for and accessibility of women's education for enhancing gender equality,
- to conduct literacy program as a national campaign.
The objectives of the foundation are to enable and facilitate education through:
- direct sponsorship of children,
- supporting education projects of third parties,
- creating pre-conditions, which will enable education.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, deliver a lecture, procure an expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.