Sesithule Vamanani Caring Association (SEVACA)
PO Box 510, 69Corner Inyati and Masasa Drive
Chiredzi, Shanghani-Sengwe area, Masvingo Province
Ansprechpartner: Tsitsi Machisi
+263 31 3491; +263773660191, +263783841498
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Sesithule Vamanani Caring Association (SEVACA) is a registered private voluntary organization registered under the PVO act of Zimbabwe. It was founded in the year 2000 as a community based organization by a group of Hlengwe-Shangaan women in the Sengwe area with an aim to improve the lives of women and vulnerable children through supporting the vulnerable individuals physically and or psychosocially. SEVACA started with the implementation of HIV and AIDS projects as it has enormous community support and participation of volunteers. There was then a paradigm shift to activities and projects with an aim to provide and improve quality of life for vulnerable population of Chiredzi district. This has been done through implementation of income generating projects, provision of educational support, food security, health support services and advocacy on basic human rights. It was later registered as private voluntary organization (PVO) in 2005 (PVO Number 19/2005). From its formation SEVACA’s overall objective is to deal with the socio-economic burdens, sustainable development in women and vulnerable children as well as dealing with the effects that have emanated from the harsh climate and incidences of diseases.
SEVACA runs a number of projects related to income generation, water and sanitation, education, food security, health and advocacy on basic human rights. Target groups include women, underprivileged boys and girls. A range of services are also provided to people living with HIV and AIDS, including community and home care service.
To be the leading community based organization in the provision of quality HIV and AIDS services tailor-made to meet the demands of the clientele in Sengwe communal lands and Mwenezi of Masvingo
To leverage socio-economic assistance to the poor and vulnerable groups and build their capacities to be resilient and adapt mitigatory strategies against the impact of global climate change in Sengwe communal lands of Chiredzi and Masvingo of Mwenezi of Masvingo and other demanding areas
• To create an enabling environment for the provision of HIV and AIDS services
• To catalyze the empowerment process of the socially and economically marginalized through advocacy and income generating projects
• To provide social safety nets including psychosocial support to orphans and other vulnerable children
• To provide food security through livelihoods diversification
• To promote cultural practices that impact positively on women and children
• To facilitate the provision of life skills to disadvantaged groups of youth
• To advocate for the mainstreaming of cross cutting issues such as gender, environment, participation and disability in community development projects
1. HIV/AIDS prevention, mitigation, care and support
2. Income generating projects
3. Food security and Nutrition aid
4. Vocational skills training
6. Gender and disability
7. Water and Sanitation
8. Climate change
SEVACA with the aid of its partners has been engaged in a number of activities in Masvingo province which are encompassed in global issues that include:
- Children, youth and family welfare
- Community development
- Disability issues
- Education and training
- Financial accessibility and management
- Food security and nutrition
- Gender issues
- Human rights
- HIV and AIDS, TB, malaria, health and other diseases
- Water and related ecosystems
Tsitsi Machisi is the Director of Sesithule Vamanani Caring Association (SEVACA).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.