Horizon Farm Trust
1 Nyanga Road Gillits,
Ansprechpartner: Joff Wickins
+27 (0) 82 909 3465; +27 (0)31-769 1433
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Horizon Farm is a residential home for intellectually impaired adults situated on a 32-acre farm in Shongweni, KZN. It is a home-away-from-home for 36 residents and boasts a healthy lifestyle, friendly atmosphere, planned daily activities, and many animals including our horse therapy programme which the residents love.
The Horizon Farm Trust, established in 2005, is a registered Non-Profit and Public Benefit Organization. Horizon Farm is funded through individuals as well as being supported by organisations with benevolent policies for welfare, social and health support.
We improve the quality of life of intellectually impaired adults, and children with disabilities, through the:
• provision of long-term accommodation and meaningful occupation for adult residents; and
• the development of therapeutic outdoor activities and animal therapy for children and adults with disabilities.
Some of our successful and necessary projects have been:
• Building high, medium and low-care residents’ facilities
• Completing a wheelchair-friendly residence
• Introducing a horse therapy programme, aimed at helping our residents as well as disabled children and adults from the surrounding area
• Building two fully equipped classrooms currently being used for skills activities
• Developing a vegetable garden with the aim of becoming self-sufficient in this area
• Medical Sickroom: Our sickroom project was initiated with a fundraising drive during 2016. Linked to this medical room is also the creation of a small 4-bed frail care facility.
Joff Wickins is a Treasurer & Fundraiser of the Horizon Farm Trust.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.