86/1B, Sadek Khan Road, Rayer Bazar
Ansprechpartner: Korvi Rakshand
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
JAAGO Foundation, founded in 2007, is a Bangladesh based non-profit organization catering to the education needs of children from socially and economically disadvantaged background.
JAAGO Foundation is a movement initiated by a group of young dedicated volunteers to break this vicious cycle and set into motion the wheels of growth and prosperity for the poverty-stricken people of Bangladesh.
JAAGO Foundation´s vision is to build an illiteracy free Bangladesh with access to quality education for all.
We run the only free-of-cost English medium schools in Bangladesh, enrolling students from the poorest families. In addition, we aim to battle malnutrition and to improve our students´ living environments and social conditions through the provision of food, first aid and hygiene education.
Furthermore, the integration of numerous "Support Functions" to the organization´s core schooling program ensures the sustainable growth of the financially insolvent communities the beneficiary groups come from. JAAGO Foundation associates itself will multiple micro projects to benefit the underprivileged community as a whole. These projects aim at enhancing the living standards of not just the families of our students but as well as the neighboring communities. Various commodities and trainings are provided via these programs to bring a certain degree of sustainable.
Some of the support functions are:
• Healthy Living: The "Healthy Living" project provides the students of JAAGO Foundation with nutritious foods every week, such as milk, eggs, bread, butter, jam and jelly. Instead of coming to school hungry or sick, the children are healthy and ready to learn.
• First Aid Centre: JAAGO Foundation hires a veteran doctor and a well-qualified nurse to provide free medical checkups to all of JAAGO´s currently enrolled students. Most medications are free of charge.
• Call for Hygiene: JAAGO holds hygiene sessions every year, for students and their families to learn how to use these products to wash their hands, brush their teeth, clean their clothes, etc. These families are unable to buy hygiene products - soaps, shampoo, detergent, toothbrushes, etc. To protect them from diarrhea, fever, food poisoning and many other diseases, JAAGO Foundation provides these objects on a monthly basis, for free.
• Sewing Centre: The Sewing Center is JAAGO Foundation´s first women empowerment project. Opened in collaboration with Bachhara, a high-end fashion label, the sewing centre provides employment especially to mothers of the students of the JAAGO School. Women get to work in proximity to their families and in a safe environment where they can express their creativity. The center also provides innovative clothing designs and works with progressive concepts provided by Bachhara, which comes from Australia through Amanda Ryan. The ultimate objective of the Sewing Center is to provide the women with the opportunity to be self-employed as personal tailors.
Korvi Rakshand is the Founder of the JAAGO Foundation.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.