Stichting Rural Women Foundation (Stichting RWF)
Clean water for a healthy life
6833 AG Arnhem
Ansprechpartner: Uzo Klein Leugemors
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Foundation Rural Women Foundation (RWF) is a relatively young development organization, founded in October 2011 as a partner organization of the Nigerian NGO, Rural Women Foundation.
We focus in particular on improving the sanitary conditions by clean drinking water and proper toilet facilities in primary schools and hospitals in Malawi and Nigeria
RWF Foundation wants to build toilet buildings and solar powered water pumps. But also we want to provide education to women and children in rural areas about the importance of good hygiene. We do this together with our local partners and volunteers from the villages in Nigeria and Malawi.
We now have realized all four drinking water and sanitation projects in Nigeria and a nice school and water project in Malawi
• Projects in Nigeria: Central School in Ukpo; Unity Primairy School in Ukpo
• Projects in Malawi: our first project in Malawi, Lilongwe, in cooperation with the University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR) and the management of Khombe primary school, Malawi. In this case we will support Khombe primary school with the construction of two classrooms, the local construction and purchase of stoeljes and tables, building a toilet block with possibility of hand washing and organizing a hygienetraining in the form of a hand washing campaign.
• Running for Water: Sponsored walk - Foundation Rural Women Foundation from Arnhem has organized a Walking for Water in Arnhem-South, in collaboration with the Rotary Club Arnhem-Rhine.
• Whitney´s Kiss: RWF Foundation wants to contribute to HIV/AIDS prevention in schools in Nigeria by running a pilot using Whitney´s Kiss. This HIV/AIDS prevention programme is being successfully used in high schools in South Africa by our partner NGO His Hands and Feet. The Whitney´s Kiss (2004) integrates seamlessly into said need and is based on a true story in which the secondary schoolgirl Whitney Sithelo overcomes different experiences in the field of HIV. The book is written so that the story is appealing for young people aged between 11 and 17 years. The Whitney´s Kiss program consists of a book with accompanying worksheets, a manual for teachers and a design for an essay and drama competition.
Uzo Klein Leugemors is the Treasurer of Foundation Rural Women Foundation (RWF).