NLR (Netherlands Leprosy Relief) Foundation
Flat No. 001, Tower Y-6, Yamuna Apartment, Vasant Kunj
110070 New Delhi
Ansprechpartner: Sushil Kumar
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
NLR (Netherlands Leprosy Relief) Foundation is a non-profit, secular, non-governmental organization registered as public charitable trust in 1999 and is working in 144 districts of 7 states of the country, namely, Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan and Delhi.
NLR Foundation works for persons and families affected by leprosy and persons with disabilities.
NLR Foundation visions for an India:
• Which is free of suffering due to leprosy and the disabilities and social exclusion that it causes.
• In which the health systems in all endemic states are able to diagnose and treat leprosy early and effectively
• In which all people who are restricted due to disability or stigma will participate in society as fully and as independently as possible.
The foundation aims towards:
• Societies in which leprosy will be under control. In these societies health services at all levels ensure that every patient will be diagnosed and treated early so the disease will no longer be a major risk for disabilities and social exclusions.
Societies in which governments, private companies, NGOs and DPOs join hands to ensure that people with disabilities are:
• Enabled to participate as fully and independently as possible, and
• Enabled to use their rights to develop their abilities and rightfully get equal opportunities for their personal development in the context of their families and society at large
• Treated with dignity.
What we do
• One is self-care for Persons with Disability due to Leprosy, L. F. & Diabetes which helps in healing of the wounds & ulcers, prevention of new injuries and improving self- morale.
• Second is facilitating the persons affected in accessing the basic general health services through organizing Health Camps at their doorsteps.
• Other one is providing assistive & protective devices to prevent damage to anaesthetic body parts and overcome disability. It facilitates social participation & overcomes restriction of the activities due to disability challenges.
Disability Inclusive Development:
• Livelihood Promotion
• Vocational Training
• Strengthening of Disabled Person’s Organization
• Education Support
• Stigma Reduction
Sushil Kumar is the Chief Executive Officer of the NLR (Netherlands Leprosy Relief) Foundation.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.