FAITH (Friends Affected and Infected Together in Hand)
P.O.Box: 546, Kathmandu, Naya Colony, Dhobighat
Lalitpur - 3
Ansprechpartner: Miraz Roshan
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
FAITH (Friends Affected and Infected Together in Hand) is a non-profit making organization established in the year 2005, run by and for the youth representing marginalized groups such as people living with and affected by HIV and AIDS, people who use drugs and sexual minorities.
Our vision is to ensure the fundamental rights of people especially women and children from disadvantaged, marginalized and vulnerable groups to live a free and dignified life. Our target Population (Beneficiaries): People especially women and children from disadvantaged, marginalized and vulnerable groups focusing on:
• People Living with HIV and AIDS
• Injecting Drug Users
• Commercial Sex Workers
• Mobile Population and
• Sexual Minorities
• Underprivileged people
Using mass media, interpersonal communication, advocacy, networking and public private partnership, FAITH aspires to achieve its vision.
• Organize awareness, sensitization workshops, trainings, national level interaction and advocacy programs.
• Design and implement programs through various modes of communication like radio, television, online media and print media
• Develop information, Education and communication materials
• Developing audio/visual documentaries, Public Social Announcement, music videos and movies incorporating advocacy and social messages.
• Design and develop innovative program module for strengthening of community-based organization.
• Organize fund raising events.
• Mainstreaming issues of marginalized and minorities (ethnic) communities
• Developing cause related community friendly infrastructures
• FAITH selects its projects based on its constitution and its areas of priority. We implement our programs in coordination with government, the private sector and local communities. Strong linkage mechanism at all levels - with government bodies, external donor partners, stakeholders, communities and target groups - is the strongest asset of FAITH.
• FAITH links and integrates every activity with the national policy and strategies that guide interventions on social issues. Good practices and lessons learned are documented and shared with stakeholders. Impact evaluation of past project of FAITH and other organizations working in the field assists to draw lessons for the design and management of future activities.
Miraz Roshan is the Executive Director at FAITH (Friends Affected and Infected Together in Hand).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.