Conciliation Resources (CR)
Burghley Yard, 106 Burghley Road
NW5 1AL London
Ansprechpartner: Sarah Bradford
Conciliation Resources (CR) is an independent non-profit organisation with over 15 years experience of working internationally to prevent violent conflict, promote justice and build lasting peace in war torn societies.
We work with partners at local and international civil society organisations and governments - in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Pacific. We also seek to influence government peacemaking policies and publish the journal Accord: an international review of peace initiatives. Our funding is through grants from governments, multilateral agencies, independent trusts and foundations. CR is registered in the UK as a charity (1055436).
Our vision is a world where people affected by conflict and their leaders are able to work effectively with international support to prevent violence, resolve their armed conflicts and build more peaceful societies. We believe conflicts can be transformed peacefully and that peacemaking and peacebuilding are essential in helping lay the foundations for more just and inclusive societies.
Conciliation Resources works internationally to prevent violent conflict, promote justice and build lasting peace in war-torn societies.
Our goals are to:
• support people working at local, national and international levels to develop effective solutions to social, economic and political problems related to violent conflicts
• provide opportunities for inclusive dialogue and improved relationships within communities and across conflict divides at all social and political levels
• influence governments and other decision makers to employ conflict transformation policies that promote alternatives to violence
• improve peacemaking practice and policies by promoting learning from peace processes around the world
• challenge stereotypes and increase public awareness of human rights, conflict and peace issues in divided societies
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.