Artists Against Racism AAR International
M5M 0A1 Toronto, Ontario
Ansprechpartner: Lisa Cherniak
- Antirassismus, Integrationspolitik
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Artists Against Racism (AAR) is a non-profit organization founded in 1995 by people of various colours, backgrounds, and religions. We regard all races and religions as equal and, as such, do not favour one over another; thus we do not reply to emails condoning hatred against anyone, nor do we post them. Any group-- brown, white, black, green, blue, red, as well as anyone of any religion--can be prejudiced; our motto is "love thy neighbour as you love yourself"; when one cannot, it is within that one must look.
AAR is an International Non-profit Organization where artists reach out as role models to youth via: T.V. and Radio Public Service Announcements (PSAs), logos on CD Jackets, benefit CDs and concerts, Subway and Outdoor Billboards, School Posters and videos, music magazine and newspaper ads, and more...the prevention of prejudice through education.
We teach youths that regardless of one´s religion, ethnicity, nationality or skin colour, we are all ONE PEOPLE, to prevent youths from adopting prejudiced attitudes.
• To build an understanding of all peoples.
• To speak to the youth, the future of our global community, about the basic human right of equality, so that a civilized society will, in the next millennium, finally result.
• Our Community Program provides huge four-colour AAR Posters featuring the names of our numerous artists, to schools, libraries and concerned community groups worldwide, and provides Radio and TV PSA´s (public service announcements/ commercials featuring our artist members) for airing worldwide. These are also available for downloading from our website by radio stations who visit our website). We also offer our Violet Anti-Racism Ribbons, AAR Info Tables at concerts, a great Newsletter, Website, Subway and Outdoor Billboards, and more!
• Our School Program (from elementary to university) provides our unique AAR Video to schools, our Posters, CDs with artist announcements, our Website with much educational material for youth, and an on-line Youth Magazine.
Lisa Cherniak is the Founder and Executive Director of Artists Against Racism AAR International.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.