Judith Chikonde Foundation (JCF)
P.O Box 40484, Buteko Road
Ansprechpartner: Judith Kateule
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Judith Chikonde Foundation (JCF) is a Non-Governmental Organization established in 2006 and based in Mufulira, Zambia, South-Central Africa. It was founded on the idea of supporting people affected and infected with HIV and AIDS, and helping to improve the quality of life of the vulnerable in society. Sensitization of the community on issues related to the pandemic through different educational programs is also a big part of what JCF is about.
HIV and AIDS is the main focus area of JCF. Poverty, health, education, environment, human rights, gender, street kids, disabled people, orphans and vulnerable children are considered to be JCF assistance Programme.
JCF exists by being a people-focused, people-driven project which mobilizes different resources to provide quality care and support, to ultimately help improve the quality of life of the vulnerable people in society.
Judith Chikonde Foundation (JCF) envisions people living in an HIV and AIDS free society, and all our efforts are going to be directed to that end.
• To increase integrated care, support and promote awareness campaigns to people living and affected with HIV and AIDS.
• To enhance the sourcing and distribution of basic needs (clean water, medical supplies etc), offering educational support, rehabilitation and integration of orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) in our society.
• Empower vulnerable youths, men and women economically by providing them with survival skills and income generating activities for development and sustainability.
• To promote a healthy lifestyle by organizing sports activities, and the encouragement of community participation.
• Engage in research to appreciate the impact of the changing social, economic trends and the spread of HIV/AIDS and its effects.
• To enhance staff skills in implementing programs and running of the organization.
• Partner with organizations and individuals (both local and international) who have a similar passion of wanting to see people living in an HIV/AIDS free society
• TB/HIVand AIDS Program: Community Sensitization; HIV and AIDS Insaka (Dialogue)
• Orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) care and support: Provides Education support by paying school fees, etc; Rehabilitate and reintegrate street children; Offer counseling to traumatized children; Provide recreation facilities; Human /children´s rights advocacy
• Youth and women empowerment: Training of vulnerable youths, men and women in survival skills such as food production and business management; Scholarships to youths who cannot afford various educational expenses
Judith Kateule is the Contact Person and Coordinator at the Judith Chikonde Foundation (JCF).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.