Kids for Kids
PO BOX 456
Dorking, Surrey. RH4 2WS
Ansprechpartner: Parker, Patricia
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Hilfe für Entwicklungsländer
Kids for Kids was launched in Khartoum, Sudan on 8th March 2001 - just three days after Patricia Parker MBE had returned from Darfur and seen for herself the conditions in which children were living. Kids for Kids is virtually the only organization to have brought help to children still living in villages in Darfur, Sudan since 2001. Aid from the international community has been concentrated on the IDP (Internally Displaced People) camps, and there are over 3½ million people still clinging to their homes as the violence has continued - but for how much longer?
Our aim is to help people to help themselves. We do not believe in charity, and nor do people want it. What they want to do is to be able to look after their own children, themselves - the same as any parents anywhere in the world. But when you have nothing, how can you survive? Recently we were told of a young mother whose 12 year old daughter was very ill. In the heat of Darfur temperatures can soar dangerously. She needed antibiotics and her mother had nothing to sell to get them. There was no one she could turn to. But she had one of our little kids - she could not sell the 6 Kids for Kids goats we had lent her but she was able to sell a little kid - and her daughter is now well again. This is real help made possible by the donations sending us, often very small but all making a difference to a family in Darfur. That is what Kids for Kids is about!
- We provide water with hand pumps: water is essential for survival, both for people and for animals;
- we lend 6 goats to a family for 2 years - providing milk for the children, and forming the nucleus of a little flock;
- we lend donkeys because without a little donkey life is virtually impossible in the vast expanse that is Darfur;
- we have a big programme for planting trees - shade trees, cash crop trees, fruit trees and even the replanting of the Baobab,
- we provide health care;
- we improve farming techniques and much more.
Kids for Kids has already funded two tree nurseries and we are planning to create two more in 2007 if funds allow. Each nursery could provide 300,000 tree seedlings.
Patricia Parker MBE is the Chairman of Trustees & Founder.
For other net participants we can deliver a lecture, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.