Jr. Callao 637
Ansprechpartner: William Wadoux
- Alternative Ökonomie
- Umwelt- und Zukunftsforschung
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Urb. Real Alto – Tuncahuan 166
Latitud Sur is a non-governmental Peruvian, Ecuadorian and Mexican development organization. It is a non-profit foundation based in Lima and Iquitos (Peru), in Quito (Ecuador) and in Mexico D.F.
We pursue four objectives to strengthen the autonomy and self-management capacity of indigenous communities of the Upper Amazon (Peru-Ecuador) and Mexico:
• Environment: preserve the environment and biodiversity as a heritage. Projects: Zéro Déforestation; Preservation of the path of sacred Huichol pilgrimage; Preservation of rainforests in danger of deforestation & Reserve for reintroduction of monkeys; Training of indigenous Eco-guardians
• Sustainable development: bring alternatives to the communities valuing its knowledge. Projects: Water abduction systems; “Chacras Integrales”: Family botanical gardens implementation as a substitution mean to activities degrading the environment and as a way to generate alternative revenues; Implementation of a rice machine; Essential Oils Production; Handmade Soaps Production
• Health & education: integrate traditional medicine in primary health care and education system. Projects: School-boat Selva Viva: Creation of an exchange and learning network on medicinal plants; Support to Shuar traditional medicine; Medical brigades with the boat Selva Viva to bring medium term health cares to the riverside communities.
• Tourism & culture: establish practices of solidarity tourism in respect of autochtonous cultures. Projects: Latitud Sur is an NGO which offers cruises on board Latitud Sur`s boat, the Selva Viva, and other eco-touristic circuits, to fund its development projects.
These projects intend to reinforce the identity of autochthonous communities, working in several areas like traditional medicine, land use and property, natural environment, agriculture and its ancient techniques, economical resources, support through their confrontation with modern dominant society
Built on an innovative concept (systemic approach, networking, dynamic knowledge, training, traveling), our projects tend to link many different types of local actors (universities, research institutes, local NGOs, indigenous organizations ...).
The goal is to provide indigenous people greater control over their environment and better integration into modern society.
With its technical expertise and its logistics, Latitud Sur is positioned as both an actor in the field (training ship, solidarity tourism) and a project coordinator in conjunction with local partners and institutional donors. Therefore, Latitud Sur is open to any proposal of collaboration which aims to serve indigenous people and their environment
William Wadoux is the President of Latitud Sur.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.