263158 Uttarakhand, District Nainital
Ansprechpartner: Shalini Srivastava
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Shiksha Alok is a Not-For-Profit organisation striving to usher development within the needy Himalayan communities.
Our mission is to help build and strengthen sustainable initiatives in the field of education for women and children of marginalized & deprived communities - through partnerships at all levels.
Our vision is to provide support in building capacities of women & children within isolated mountain communities, with the aim of ushering sustainable development.
Ushering Societal Change through Literacy and Women Empowermet - We at Shiksha Alok believe that educating women is the most powerful way to address societal limitations. Educated women are bread winners, supplement family incomes, raise more manageable and healthier families. Their children are more likely to educate their own families, thus breaking the cycle of illiteracy within the generation.
• To enable at-least one member of each needy family to earn a steady and regular income so as to provide financial security for the family.
• Prepare women & children to handle life´s challenges more effectively and responsibly.
• Shiksha Alok works with mountain communities to helps usher in educational awareness and builds capacities through imparting of Digital Literacy and life skills, to enable households earn livelihoods by promoting access to non-traditional work practices.
• We aim at developing literacy skills and a habit of reading among school children and adults, and support individuals through imparting of skills required in handling life´s challenges.
• We work with communities to promote literacy and gender equality in education by establishing libraries, and organizing classroom based education.
• Shiksha Alok Learning Centre, Nathuakhan, Nainital
• Shiksha Alok Library Program
• Shiksha Alok Mobile Learning Centre Block Ramgarh, Nainital
Shalini Srivastava is the Secretary at Shiksha Alok.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.