Angels Center of Hope (ACOH) Foundation
P.O. Box 18380 – 00100; Machakos
Ansprechpartner: Flora M Musilu, Angela Murray
+254 739303968; +254 (0)739303968
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Angels Center of Hope (ACOH) Foundation is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) located in Machakos County & legally registered in Kenya. We work with people living in extreme poverty to develop projects & programs aimed at alleviating poverty and injustice in the rural areas. Our work is focused more on women empowerment, education of girls, providing equal opportunity to all children (i.e. AIDS/HIV orphans & other vulnerable children.), environment and youth empowerment.
Our focus is on long term and permanent solutions to these challenges rather than meeting the people´s immediate needs
ACOH was founded in January 2012 and is run mainly by volunteers.
A world where the rights and dignity of every person (particularly women & children) are respected and all have access to basic needs
To work with marginalized communities to end poverty and injustice through development of programs for sustainable livelihood, clean & healthy environments, good health and quality education in Kenya.
Our programs are aimed at proving long term solutions to end poverty, injustice, illiteracy, food insecurity, water scarcity, lack of health facilities and injustice.
• Orphans & Other Vulnerable Children (OVC): ACOH is therefore focused on the development of orphaned children in the rural regions. Our focus is on self sufficiency rather than dependency. Our goal is to help them thrive, not just survive.
• Girls´ Education (Youth empowerment): ACOH is focusing on the development of the youth & education of Girls in the rural regions. Our support is not limited to primary & secondary schools only but also on young women who never got the opportunity to complete their education. We inspire them to reach their full potential by addressing their basic needs through funding, partnerships and resources for education, vocational training and economic development.
• Women Empowerment: ACOH supports promotion of gender equality and women empowerment. We support programs focused on providing women access to education & training, health facilities, economic & social development, water & sanitation and any other resources/opportunities/assets to help them achieve equity, sustainability and security.
• Water, Health & Sanitation: The benefits of improved access to clean water, Health and sanitation are many (e.g. saving time & energy, improved health and increased opportunities to access education). Our focus is to help marginalized communities by supporting projects aimed at finding long term sustainable solutions.
• The environment & Climate change: We focus on contributing towards reversing the negative effects of climate change on biodiversity through training and supporting programs geared towards reforestation, use of clean energy and reduction of carbon emission.
• Food security: ACOH is thus focusing on finding sustainable water solutions (for irrigation) and effective farming methods to increase crop yields in the face of climate change & drought.
• The Aged: ACOH is focusing on providing psychological support through training and creating awareness of the needs of the aged in the community. We also train them to skills to start income generating projects.
Flora M Musilu and Angela Murray are the Founder of the Angels Center of Hope (ACOH) Foundation.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.