San Andres, Peten
Ansprechpartner: Matthew R. Peters
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Volunteer Peten, founded in 2002, is a small non-for profit organization located in San Andres, Petén in northern Guatemala and with an US office in Mohnton, Pennsylvania. Its mission is to aid development in Guatemala by training international volunteers to participate in, design, and implement sustainable projects.
• to protect and manage a 150 acre reserve in San Andres,
• to provide environmental education to all the schools in San Andres,
• to aid and assist small community organizations, schools, and families in San Andres,
• to provide quality volunteer opportunities for travellers and students.
Our main projects focus on environmental education, general education, reforestation, forest management, medicinal plants, and working with the public library and public schools, but we are open and able to aid volunteers to develop any project that suits their abilities and goals.
Our program is divided into 2 main categories: Ecological Management and Education.
• Park Maintenance of a 150 acre reserve
• Trail building
• Tree Nursery
• Ecological Restoration Projects
• Medicinal Plants
• Natural History Museum
• Environmental Education
• Volunteer Teaching Program
• English Education
• Rural literacy Program
• Library Activities
• Extracurricular Activities
• Adult Education
• School Restoration
• Teach English at Yaxha National Park
Matthew R. Peters is the founder and a director of Volunteer Petén.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities and an expert guidance.