Green Alternative and Peace Movement - UGANDA
4th Pilkington Road, P.O, Box 10157
Ansprechpartner: Onegiu, Lawrence
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Formed way back in 1998, Green Alternative and & Peace Movement – Uganda (GAP-Uganda) is a membership based, non profit, non partisan, grassroots’ organization that addresses issues on environment, natural resources, peace, human rights, conflict resolution, social justice, grassroots’ empowerment, sustainable livelihoods and development for all. Green Alternative & Peace Movement - Uganda is legally registered in the Republic of Uganda.
- to promote public awareness, education, training and capacity building for socio economic empowerment, good governance, participatory social justice through debates, speeches, workshops, publications, conferences, music, dance, drama, shows, films, media, cultural and educational exchange programmes;
- to protect, conserve and enhance the environment and natural resources for sustainable development;
- to address the issues on health, HIV/AIDS, water, agriculture, food and nutrition security to end hunger, malnutrition and reduce peoples’ suffering;
- to mobilize the masses and resources to facilitate and promote community based development initiatives for income generation to reduce ardent poverty and promote self-reliance;
- to promote, advocate and act for peace, non violence, unity, reconciliation, conflict resolution, social justice, humanitarian concern, relief, disaster preparedness and management;
- to integrate, carryout and report research on any development issues for urgent action;
- to address the needs of orphans, widows, disabled, the sick, children, youth and the elderly;
- to coordinate, cooperate or work in partnership with any local, international organizations/agencies, associations or groups with similar interest and objectives;
- to do any activity that is evaluated inline with the objectives, aims and interest of the Green Alternative & Peace - Uganda.
Lawrence Onegiu is the National Coordinator of the organization.
For other net participants we can offer expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.