Child In Action Foundation
P.o Box 4
Ansprechpartner: Felix Manyogote
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Child in Action foundation is a non-profit, charitable and non-governmental organization based in Tanzania dedicated to improve the lives of young ones especially orphans, street children and vulnerable children. We strive to prevent children from becoming vulnerable and help those who are ready by improving their health, education and economic opportunities.
To work with children and young people in order to alleviate ignorance, poverty, poor health and enable them grow in a healthier life from birth to maturity.
"A Generation of which children and youth are empowered, respected and responsible"
Our areas of focus:
• Education Support
• HIV/AIDS Project
• Child rights Advocacy
• Reproductive Health
• Sports and Culture
• Environmental conservation
• Millennium Development Goals (MDG´s)
• Safe environment for children: Child in Action involve both the duty bears and right holders, along with other NGO´s to mobilize and create awareness to support prevention and mitigation strategies aimed at preventing children and youth from all forms of violence that are happening at home, school, in the community and during emergencies.
• Children and youth voice: Children and Youth´s right to participation include their right to access and use information, to communicate their views and take part in decisions that affect their lives. This program accomplishes this through; Capacity building of children and youth groups, teachers and Government officials; Media is used as the key channel to communicate the views of children and youth.
• Right to education: Realizing the great need of Education in fighting ignorance, we do provide school assistance to orphans and vulnerable children in Mwanza. We provide pens, rulers, exercise books, mathematical sets, school uniforms, bags and books so as to improve their learning conditions. With collaboration with friends, we have future plans to help rural communities building schools for vulnerable children.
• HIV/AIDS Program: Through this project we collect clothes, meals, soaps, and some funds so as to help the HIV/AIDS victims in Mwanza villages so as to improve their health better. We also conduct campaigns on HIV/AIDS in communities through capacity building on the reproductive health. Still trough this program we organize and participate in the world´s AIDS Day and prepare several events.
• Environmental conservation project: We do promote environmental conservation through trainings and campaigns in schools, communities and children´s centers.
Felix Manyogote is the Founder and Director of the Child In Action Foundation.