Network for Voluntary Development in Asia (NVDA)
Suite 904, Building 3B, Block Resco, Xuan Dinh, Tu Liem
Ansprechpartner: Quang Thi Thu Hang
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Network for Voluntary Development in Asia (NVDA) is an international networking NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) to promote international voluntary service (especially international workcamps) in Asia/ Pacific.
It was started in 1997 by 11 NGOs in 11 countries and now consists of 22 member NGOs in 16 countries.
Aims and Goals
By developing international Voluntary service in Asia/Pacific, we would like to:
• Improve local/global situations of nature environment, culture, poverty & human rights.
• Support local NGOs, and self sufficiency and human development of local community.
• Promote friendship, understanding and solidarity among world youth and local people.
The main activities:
• Regular Networking Projects: TNW (Training & Networking Workcamp)
• Starting workcamps in new countries: This is one of the biggest missions of NVDA since its beginning.
• Improving qualities of NGOs and their projects: NVDA started a revolutionary project for international voluntary service movement named AEVTP (Asia-Europe Youth Volunteer Team-Building Partnerships); Training & Networking Workcamps; Making booklets and guidelines; etc
• Sending volunteers to workcamps all over the world: NVDA sends volunteers who are living in the countries where there are no NVDA members either its partners to the workcamps all over the world to provide more opportunities to the people there.
• Common actions in Asia for various social issues: World Tanabata Action - Green the land & heart to stop climate change; Eco Sponge Action - Protect the water & encourage the women
Quang Thi Thu Hang works in the NVDA Secretariat.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.