Zenab for Women in Development (ZWD)
an indigenous Sudanese NGO working at the grassroots level
Khartoum 3 , BuouQuan St.,
Ansprechpartner: Fatima Ahmed
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Zenab for Women Development (ZWD) is a grass roots women rights organization founded in 2000 and works in various areas across Sudan, including Darfur. We are fundamentally dedicated to the well-being of the people in the region. We advocate for aid and development that centers on building local capacity, rather than an aid and development model that does not have as a central goal, independent sustainability for the local community.
Zenab vision is to have a world where all women enjoy equality and social justice, have equal chances in education and jobs, well aware of their social/economical and political rights and be real partner in peace and development.
Zenab mission is to promote and empower the socio/economic and political status of women in Sudan specially the vulnerable ones through multi-dimensions program that is planned to back women, lobbying and advocate for their rights, provide logistic and legal aid for them; conduct women awareness raising programs, training of women leaders, establish direct links with women associations and women rights defenders.
Areas of focus:
• Health Sector
• Poverty Alleviation
• Emergency Relief
• Improving basic schools environment & make it attractive for girls & boys through maintenance of existing schools & construction of additional classrooms & toilets in co-education style schools to reduce illiteracy & school drop out rates.
• Continue raising public awareness to prevent HIV/AIDS & other diseases such as Leishmania (Kalazar), TB, Malaria.
• Improving reproductive health, raise awareness about mother & child health to reduce maternity death rate which is highest in Sudan, eradication of FGM (Female Genital Mutilation) as violent practice against girls & have a negative health consequences.
• Implementing workshops /forums on civic education to train women to build peace and resolve conflicts, empower women participation in democratic transformation and decision making.
• Providing support to famers women to secure food and income for their families, introduce improved seeds, intermediate agricultural implements to increase productivity and farmers women share in NDP (National Domestic Product) to reduce food security challenges and improve their living standards.
• Continue raising targets group awareness about measures to reduce & mitigate climatic changes impacts specially on poor farmers women in rural sector and about ways to protect environment and wise manage of natural resources.
• Yearly celebrating with other local NGOs AIDS day, Comprehensive Peace Agreement(CPA) anniversary & woman day, arrange exhibits & shows.
Fatima Ahmed is the President of Zenab for Women Development (ZWD).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.