Ansprechpartner: Jelena Hrnjak
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
NGO Atina was founded in 2004, as a response of women´s movement in Serbia to the problem of human trafficking, and non-existence of adequate programs of long-term support for the victims and help in their social inclusion.
NGO Atina is fully dedicated to the respect of victims´ human rights, cooperation and participation of victims throughout the process of influencing root causes of trafficking, such as: relations in the primary and secondary family, poverty, previous experiences of marginalization and discrimination, deprivation from basic rights, unemployment and educational deprivation.
The aim of Atina´s work is to create a sustainable system for the social inclusion of marginalized and multiple discriminated groups (above all - victims of trafficking and other forms of exploitation).
NGO Atina´s mission is to support the transition processes in Serbia, which will lead to creation of the society with full respect of the human rights of women and children. In that way, Atina stands for equal treatment of all members of the society in public and private sphere through naming social problems and fight against gender based marginalization and discrimination.
• Victims protection: NGO Atina has developed a number of different programs whose common goal is to facilitate the creation of sustainable system of social inclusion.
• Policy making and advocacy: Public representation and advocacy are main activities undertaken in this direction, and NGO Atina pays significant attention to them through all their programs.
• Strengthening the capacities: In order to improve its overall work, initiated and planned programs, as well as its ultimate goals related to empowerment and successful social inclusion of victims of human trafficking and other forms of violence.
• Prevention: When it comes to prevention of human trafficking, we must first of all pay attention to the causes that lead to the situation of trafficking.
• Social enterprise: Bagel Бејгл - The shop is founded by NGO Atina – an organization that has been advocating for the rights of victims of human trafficking and other forms of exploitation with the aim to support sustainability of its programs since 2003.
• help in meeting basic needs (including accommodation);
• mediation in exercising the corresponding rights (including help in obtaining personal documents, cooperation with relevant institutions, school enrolment, help in employment);
• providing psychosocial, legal and medical assistance;
• family mediation and consultation service;
• engagement in all relevant fields for the full recovery and integration of victims
NGO Atina´s direct assistance activities are carried out through three sections:
• Transition house
• Open club-Reintegration centre
• Field support team
Jelena Hrnjak is the Programme Manager of the NGO Atina.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.