Association for Sustainable Community Development (ASSCOD)
15, West Pillaiyar Kovil Street; Karunguzhi Post,
603303 Madurantakam T.K.; Kancheepuram District
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Association for Sustainable Community Development (ASSCOD) is a registered voluntary organization formed in 1994 with operations in rural districts of Tamil Nadu.
We are dedicated to promoting general social and economic development for the rural poor through organizing the rural women into Self Help Groups (SHGs), who are especially vulnerable to poverty, social injustice, illiteracy and poor health.
ASSCOD´s vision is of all people in rural India living in an economically developed society, where men and women from all castes have their social rights recognised and they have access to education and health services.
ASSCOD´s mission is to empower rural women and their families through facilitating economic development, establishing educational opportunities and enabling health improvements.
• Women Empowerment: Organize Women Self Help Groups (SHGs); Provide economic and skills training through SHGs; Raise awareness of social rights through SHGs; Encourage small-scale entrepreneurial development.
• Microfinance: ASSCOD is providing micro finance service including credit & financial services related activities such as entrepreneurship development training, skills training, micro credit, marketing support and insurance services.
• Health Program: Promote immunization; Promote nutrition among children and women; Promote proper maternal health; Conduct Health camps; Improve general health awareness/ knowledge through basic training; Conduct awareness training and counseling for HIV/AIDS and other diseases; Encourage and facilitate construction of sanitary toilets and baths; Facilitate access to clean drinking water; Provide preventive and curative health care services
• Education Program: Provide basic adult literacy to the women through SHGs; Encourage and facilitate enrollment of children in primary schools; Establish rural libraries; Provide additional tutoring to school children; Promote basic computer literacy; Improve the infrastructure of government run schools; Sponsoring the education cost of children
• Disaster Mangement: Disaster relief: This is a coordinated multi-agency response to reduce the impact of a disaster and its long-term results. Relief activities include rescue, relocation, providing food and water, preventing disease and disability, providing temporary shelter and emergency health care; Disaster recovery: Recovery activities include rebuilding infrastructure, health care and rehabilitation.
K.Loganathan is the Executive Director of the Association for Sustainable Community Development (ASSCOD).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.