African Center for Advocacy and Human Development (ACAHD)
57 Alakuko road
Ansprechpartner: Paul Adepelumi
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
African centre for Advocacy and Human Development (ACAHD) in Nigeria is an independent, non governmental organization, was established in January 2002 to reflect the general needs of African people. ACAHD formulated joint mission in preventing conflict, promotion of human rights and HIV/AIDS prevention. ACAHD is registered with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), under the law of the Federal Republic of Nigeria with headquarters in Lagos, Nigeria.
To achieve our objectives, ACAHD focuses on:
• To create and develop affiliation with institutions and individuals known to have educational programs in democratic principles and ethics.
• To offer free and gratuitous advocacy services to the less privileged in all strata of the society particularly in the rural areas.
• To encourage, solicit, and strongly support matters of local, state, and national significance that will further integrate the basic principles of free legal services, social and human development and growth in Africa and the world.
• To teach courses designed through the organization’s leadership training, emphasize the significance and the continued existence of social and human development in Africa.
• Strengthening woman’s influence in social life, free private enterprise, and art and by means of partnership training activity, informational exchange with non governmental organizations in Nigeria and throughout the world.
• To contribute to the campaign against child labour, child abuse and child trafficking so as to ensure a secured future for the on-coming generation
ACAHD’S methods of achieving goals include active protection of human rights through litigation (ACAHD operates a legal services programme that provides assistance to victims of human rights abuse), and promotional activities such as research studies, investigations, reports and publications.
• Conflict Resolution/Peacebuilding: Consensus Building
• Human Rights (Freedom from degrading treatment, violence and torture): Awareness Raising and Training
• Access to Justice
Paul Adepelumi is Executive Director of ACAHD.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.