P.O. Box 569 - 00900.
Ansprechpartner: Naomi Mwaura
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
Flone Initiative, is a women led organization founded in 2013 and registered as a trust based in Kiambu, Kenya, working towards ending violence against women and girls in public spaces by influencing behavioral change and promoting tolerance and acceptance by strengthening capacities at grassroots level.
Our Vision is to create a sustainable and safe society where women and girls live peaceful and fulfilled lives.
We influence behavioural change and promote tolerance and acceptance by strengthening capacities at grassroots level in communities.
What we do:
• Gender Equality and Gender Based Violence: Our Public Safety Certificate Program (Usalama wa Uma) works towards creating a safe and professional public transport industry in Kenya where rights of women and girls are not violated. The project was developed as a result of increased cases of sexual harassment in the public transport sector. Extensive meeting with the public transport SACCOs informed the development of the tailored training curriculum and accreditation program in 2015. The program trains and rewards public transport providers on customer service, prevention of sexual harassment, professional and personal development.
• Women In Transportation (WIT): Its mission is to advance the transport industry and the professional women who are a growing part of it. WIT seeks to close the work force gap in the transportation industry by promoting life long careers in transportation for women. WIT ultimately works to attract, retain and advance women in the industry. Our first order of business is to organize the WIT Conference, which will focus on critical transportation themes. The conference will provide a forum for the exploration of technical, policy, financial, and political aspects of emerging transportation issues while affording women in the transport industry outstanding networking opportunities.
• Sustainabilty Program: Flone endeavors to be financially sustainable by undertaking various income generating activities such as: Organizing hilarious and candid Theatrical performances
• The Public Safety Certificate program will make the public service vehicles (PSVs) and bus terminals safer.
Naomi Mwaura is a Board Member and the Managing Director of the Flone Initiative.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.