5, Begumpur Park, 1st Floor Main Shivalik Road, Malviya Nagar
Ansprechpartner: R.K. Yadav
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
STEER FOUNDATION is a registered non-government, non-profitable, voluntary organization founded in 1994. STEER FOUNDATION stands for Science, Technology, Environment, Education & Research.
The prime objective of the organization is to mobilize youth as vibrant human resource for the overall development of weaker and marginalized sections of the Indian Society. The organization works against all forms of social injustice and exploitation. The organization strengthens efforts for promoting sustainable and equitable social development. The society´s focus is on motivation and mobilizing youth for the weaker sections such as landless laborers, marginal farmers, unemployed youth, street and working children rehabilitation center for destitute women old age persons health care center environment, education and workers in the unorganized sectors in Indian societies.
STEER has a very large nation wide network of small NGOs in India with strength of 100 NGOs.
Vision: STEER Foundation visualizes a society where people are self reliant and co-exist helping each other in all walks of life, a society with equity, justice, honesty, social sensitivity, where every person men, women children of all cast are environmentally conscious and acts so and has the rightful access to equal opportunities especially weaker and deprived sections of the society.
STEER Foundation also visualizes the women of society facing gender based violence, ignorant of health, sexual and reproductive rights by access to education and ensuring economic & environmental justice through expanding civic & political participation and fortering social change philanthropy.
Mission: Identify and work in a participatory role along with economically and socially deprived children, youth and women, so that they become healthy, educated, skilled, self-reliant and earn their livelihood in a respectable manner, with a quality of life, which is sustainable.
Creating awareness for the need of education to drop out children by sustaining children´s interest, making education more functional and vocational to empower children self sustained for own development creating awareness among women by empowering them to join the economic main stream by developing their skill of various product of cottage industry, empowering them for business exposure to general entrepreneur ship development.
And towards that end, act as a resource base and collaborate with other agencies such as governmental, as well as suitable advocate and where possible intervene in policy formulation.
• To achieve more social justice to safeguards human rights.
• To promote research, development and adaptation of science and technology for improving quality of life of human beings.
• It should encourage initiative, flexibility and adoptability, the personal equalities, which are conducting to greater empowerment behavioral change and access to wider range of livelihood opportunities.
• To propagate awareness and necessity for the protection and conservation of the environment and there by promote the cause of sustainable development and precautionary principles through proper understanding
• Research activities in the field of education, economic, social, cultural rights, human rights, women rights, child of the refugees and minorities.
• These activities are conducted in the form of holding educational courses, practical workshops, expertise, roundtable, conducting research projects and providing legal counseling.
• Humanitarian relief programme
• Tackle discrimination through education
• Eradication of sexism, gender inequalities and feminization of poverty
• Working to develop and promote creative responses to the global challenges.
• To promote gender-sensitive planning at all levels of society.
Mr. R.K. Yadav is the Chairman of the STEER FOUNDATION.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.