Overcomers’ Movement-Ghana (OVM-GH)
2nd Street Lane Abeka, Mantse Loop
Accra-North, Accra, West Africa
Ansprechpartner: Bondzie, Meshach
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
The Overcomers' Movement-Ghana (OVM) is an indigenous Christian group, a non-governmental, voluntary, non-profit making organization, that brings relief and rehabilitation for the poor in Ghanaian communities. It is engaged in rehabilitative health care, malnutrition, health, education and treatment of major parasitic diseases including schistosomaiasis. This is for over 200 communities in the poverty stricken, food deficit and economically depressed Ga and Fanti rural districts, which are to participate in the project. The scope of project activities includes active research into strategies for effective community participation in creating of jobs, PHC (Primary Health Care), traditional medical practices, education, music and agro-pastoral based income-generating activities.
The broad goal of the organization is the realization by the people of the area of a "holistic total health" combining curative and preventive health care with sustainable, environmentally sound income-generating activities, that will improve the general well-being and living conditions of the people, especially the Needy Children, the Poor, Women and Street Children etc. OVM's focus on job creating has direct relevance and relations to other sector areas such as the use of appropriate technology to address community needs. International linkages and multi-disciplinary approaches to solve developmental issues are given priority. To achieve this goal, OVM seeks to:
• promote the commitment, involvement and participation of foreign donor/partners and the local communities in working out its concept of realistic total health, including job creating,
• train community elected health workers in integrated health care/community development activities,
• evolve a strategy of community PHC financing scheme through agro-pastoral based income-generating activities,
• set up a management information system (MIS) in the project area and to share its findings, results and other innovative features of the programme with others having similar objectives.
Our programs are for and by the people in poverty stricken communities in Ghana, West Africa.
Programs: Women in Development, Water and Sanitation, Child Survival and Development, Housing, Microfinancing, Energy.
Mr. Meshach Bondzie is the founder and president of OVM-Ghana.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion and procure expert information in the field of our work. We can also network and provide training.