#1/38, Madurai Road,,Vilathikulam
Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu, 628907
Ansprechpartner: Jothimony, Dr. K.
+91 4638 233674
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
The Vidiyel Trust is a non-profit public charitable NGO working for women and children. It strives to impart quality education to the rural people on a par with urban counterparts. We work for women's development through Awareness and Income Generation Projects. Health and Environmental projects are also undertaken in rural Indian villages.
The major activities currently activated are:
- Three National child labourer Special Schools, which are functioning in three villages aiming to eradicate child labour and providing education for social change in the life of those children.
- Sixteen coaching centres for rural students in 8 villages, which are operating to ensure quality education.
- We work to empower women through the formation of self help groups and to encourage micro credit programmes. 140 SHGs have been formed to date, both in Vilathikulam (Thoothukudi District) and Sankarankoil (Tirunelveli District) taluks, comprising a total of 2540 members.
- Formation of youth groups irrespective of gender to tap their potential for personal and social development.
- Promoting reproductive and child health awareness among adolescent girls in Vilathikulam block.
- Medical camps conducted once a month to scan the health status of the rural people.
- Creating an eco-friendly atmosphere by planting saplings in and around Vilathikulam.
- Sensitivity programme on child labour abolition and STI/HIV/AIDS and its prevention.
- Skill development programmes imparted to women self-help group members once a quarter.
- Parent-teacher meetings are conducted frequently to educate the parents of child labourers and to clarify the basic concept in order for their children to develop.
For other net participants we can deliver a lecture in the field of cooperation.