Orlando West People´s Centre; 8299 Sisulu/Mahalefele Road
1804 Orlando West, Soweto
Ansprechpartner: Carol Dyantyi
+27 (11) 5360681; +27 (72) 5217230
+27 (11) 5362278
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
Ikageng is a community based welfare organisation founded in 2001 that cares for orphaned and vulnerable children around the area of Soweto. Ikageng provides pyscho social support and counsel to its beneficiaries through the delivery of social programs such as Education, Health and nutrition.
A community where children have greater opportunity to live like children and social cohesion (ubuntu) allows for child friendly society that helps them realise their full potential.
Ikageng exists within the community of Soweto to improve the quality of life for orphaned and vulnerable children through effective programming around education, health and other social services support.
What we do
• Ikageng mainly conduct prevention and therapy programmes, individual and family intervention; sometimes through group work sessions, seminars and structured meetings.
• Our community development approach aims at addressing historical imbalances through collective empowerment, facilitating processes that help the poor, vulnerable and orphaned to regain control over their lives.
• We believe provision of effective education and health services are some of the main means of alleviating poverty and raising the status of communities in South Africa. We thus, seek to attain social development through professional intervention at personal, family, community and civic level by working cooperatively with the departments of education, Social Development, Health and Local Authorities.
• Ikageng provides for the basic needs of orphaned and vulnerable children (OVC).These needs include monthly food parcel delivery, clothing, water, electricity, school fees, uniforms and supplies transport.
• Visits each home a minimum of three times a week.
• Delivers food parcels on a monthly basis.
• Applies for bursaries for children for tertiary education.
• Assists with job applications for children moving into the workplace.
• Facilitates events and activities to help the children in their holistic development.
• Assists with the acquisition of ID documents.
• Provide after school care, home work support, including a drop in centre.
• Education Support
• Nutritional Support
• Health Support
• Psychosocial Support
Carol Dyantyi is the CEO of Ikageng.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.