Mwalimu Nyerere Foundation (MNF)
P.O.BOX 71000, India/Bridge Streets
Dar es Salaam
Ansprechpartner: Joseph W. Butiku
+255 22 2118354/2119216
+255 22 2119216
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The Mwalimu Nyerere Foundation (MNF) named after the first President Hon Mwalimu Julius Kambarage Nyerere, was established in June 1996. It is an intellectually and politically independent Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) based in Tanzania serving as a national and regional centre in Africa for peace, unity and people centered development.
The mission of the Foundation is to achieve better, peace, united, and developed society through research, dialogue, policy advice, consultative exchanges and partnerships. In all this, the Foundation´s work is based on Mwalimu Nyerere´s belief in the fundamental principle that all human being, regardless of their differences, is the purpose and justification for the existence of society and people are fundamental to any process of development.
This philosophy demands that communities everywhere should enjoy and develop themselves within the context of freedom, liberty, democracy, good governance and social justice.
The paramount objective of the Foundation is to promote peace, unity and people centred Self reliant development throughout the world but particularly in Africa. In furtherance of this chief objective the Foundation shall also:
• Promote and facilitate by all or any practical means dialogue among the people and Governments of Africa on ideas and action oriented proposals on peace, unity and people centred development and strategies and action plans for the achievement of these aims.
• Promote and facilitate the learning and sharing of experiences among governments, non-governmental organizations and individuals on issues of peace, unity and people centred self reliant development.
• Promote and participate in action oriented programmes and projects that further the objectives of the Foundation
• Collect, analyze and disseminate information relevant to the pursuit of peace unity and people centred self reliant development in the area of benefit and organize relevant programmes on analysis research and consultation, and store and publish all or any of the resultant materials through all appropriate
• Engage in appropriate revenue – generation and fund raising activities in support of the Foundation´s work and activities.
• To promote the study of the principles adopted and practiced by Mwalimu Julius Kambarage Nyerere, throughout his life, and to that end collect and catalogue documents, letters, speeches, interviews, reports and other information concerning him and whenever possible allow access and use them by interested institutions and individual persons, and/or organize their publication or exhibition in whole or in part.
The Mwalimu Nyerere Foundation aims to build Africa´s first presidential library and educational resource center while developing itself into the leading policy research institute in East Africa.
The Foundation will serve as a crossroads between government, academia, and civil society, seeking effective solutions to ongoing problems and pursuing their implementation. As such the Foundation is something more than a think tank, but also a center for peace negotiation, citizen outreach, and political pressure.
Joseph W. Butiku is the Executive Director of the Mwalimu Nyerere Foundation (MNF)
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.