Institute for Global Development (IGD)
B-5, Greater Kailash Enclave - II
110048 New Delhi
Ansprechpartner: Pawan Varma
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Established in July 2008, Institute for Global Development (IGD) is a not for profit, Indian Development Organisation. With a vision to provide basic health facilities to vulnerable, marginalized and underserved sections of the society, IGD also works in the area of sanitation, skill development, information dissemination and waste management
• IGD mainly concentrates in the area of health, working in primary, preventive and promotive health both in rural and urban areas. While we implement basic health services in our area of intervention, we provide diagnostic services too.
• We also work with the truckers community in Jaipur, Rajasthan in the area of targeted intervention (HIV/AIDS).
• The Institute is also working in the concept of Rural Information Centre, wherein we disseminate information of various initiatives of the government, private sector units and corporate bodies to the rural folks and mobilize them to get the benefits of the schemes.
• Hereby the institute felicitates information on schemes by the state and central government and Public Sector Units for all age groups. The institute houses a small library in the centre. Again there are various indoor and outdoor games for the children of the villages in the centre which they can visit whenever they are free and have access to the same.
• IGD works in partnership with corporate bodies, local governments, ministries of health and local organizations to create lasting health solutions.
We work in the areas of:
• Health: Our health workers and medical professionals plug in to address the gap and provide quality low cost health care services from the health facility which is accessible and affordable. The services are provided by specialists like pediatrician, gynecologist and the facilities are available all six days of the week. We expertise in mother and child health care. Our aim is to improve infant and child health among the marginalized populations. We also provide basic health facility for all those who are yet to be reached and help in building the capacity of the health system functionaries.
• Sanitation: We also create awareness on hygiene practices through community mobilization.
• Waste Management: Right from gathering bio-degradable to non-biodegradable wastes from each and every house in 10 villages in Gurgaon district of Haryana, we segregate them and use the biodegradable waste matter for the production of useful resources like organic fertilizers for agriculture.
• Dissemination of Information: A well-equipped information centre and library finds place in Hasanpur village of Gurgaon district in Haryana. The centre caters to six villages in the district. School and college going children from the villages visit the centre for different kinds of activities ranging from brain storming games to hard core sports. The centre also imparts training to girls in martial arts so that they can defend themselves which is a vital skill, keeping in mind the crisis situation of today´s society.
• Skill Development: The institute offers special vocational courses for students who have dropped out of school due to some reason or the other.
Pawan K. Varma is the Working Director of the Institute for Global Development (IGD).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.