Kalyani Center for Sustainable Development (KCSD)
712 146 Hooghly, Pandua
Ansprechpartner: Bimal Kumar Sen
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Kalyani Center for Sustainable Development, founded in 2015, is a registered not-for-profit organisation and established in a small village which is having a significant tribal population.
Kalyani Center for Sustainable Development aspires to promote processes which are sustainable, socially inclusive and gender equitable and enables communities achieve a dignified quality of life through collaborative planning, community action, and policy advocacy.
Major focus areas:
• Education, Research and Training
• Community Health and Hygiene
• Community Development
• Natural Resource Management and Rural Livelihoods
• Renewable Energy
• Connecting people and building community: We build community by engaging people through our activities and programs.
• Promote education, research and training: Raise awareness about importance of education and explore opportunities to support education and training of women and children of marginalized sections of the community.
• Improving community health and hygiene: Raise awareness and set high standards for community health and hygiene.
• Modelling sustainable behavior: We strive to practice environmentally responsible behavior in all that we do.
• Continued learning: We will continue learning and provide opportunities for others to learn.
• Having fun: We aim to accomplish our mission through fun and enjoyable activities.
It aspires to support and fund projects of socio-economic importance like
• helping and supporting poor and underprivileged school students,
• providing medical support to poor people (with special emphasis on the members of the tribal community),
• building clean and green village,
• support local entrepreneurships and also
• to help strengthen existing local livelihood activities.
Bimal Kumar Sen is the President of the Kalyani Center for Sustainable Development.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.