Empowerment for Sustainable Livelihood (EFSL)
"H" Street, 3rd Avenue Extension Greda Estates, P. O. Box TS 867
Ansprechpartner: William Jacob Ocran
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The Empowerment for Sustainable Livelihood (EFSL) is a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) established in 2007 for the purpose of facilitating the development and promotion of small and medium scale enterprises (SMEs), sustainable trade, gender empowerment, environmental management, capacity building and sustainable development in Ghana and Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA).
In pursuit of its mission, EFSL:
• assists and supports the improvement of the environment of small and medium scale enterprises in the communities of Sub-Saharan Africa,
• provides advisory services for the creation, development and promotion of entrepreneurship, for contributing to the sustainable development process in the region,
• engages in activities that give recognition and voice to the vulnerable and exclusion through advocacy and negotiation.
• takes keen interest in community development such as environmental issues, socio-empowerment activities.
• hosts volunteers abroad.
• engages in massive and vigorous education on deadly but preventable diseases such as AIDS/HIV, Malaria, Guinea Worm, Tuberculosis and Bird Flu at the deprived rural communities.
• champions the course of poverty reduction activities such as assistance in basis technical and vocational skills to both the rural and urban poor, engagement in non-timber forest farming resources/activities in the rural areas.
• assists communities to increase their efficiency in the international market, especially via the provision of relevant information and training in trade development and promotion, business partnerships and networks,
• facilitates gender empowerment in the region, and
• undertakes capacity building and utilisation programmes and provides services that will significantly contribute to improve the quality of life in the region.
William Jacob Ocran is the Executive Director at Empowerment for Sustainable Livelihood (EFSL).
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field: Conservation project, Community Development, Orphanage Care, Teaching, ICT Trainers.