Children´s Help Foundation Uganda (CHFU)
Wanyange school Road, P.O.BOX 462
Ansprechpartner: Michael Kamya Kefa
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Children´s Help Foundation Uganda (CHFU) is fully registered as a not for profit community based organization and has been servicing since 2007 to date. We are situated in Jinja district, which lies 80kms East of Kampala city, Uganda´s capital.
CHFU is a pro-life giving ministry whose mission and mandate is to uphold the sanctity of human life and endeavoring to meet the physical, spiritual and emotional needs to the HIV/AIDS orphans and widows facing welfare problems.
Our vision is based upon bringing together all interested individuals and groups to join our efforts in ensuring that AIDS orphans, needy children, and marginalized communities, especially those most affected by the AIDS epidemic, are empowered and reintegrated into society as we develop and maintain thriving, productive, and sustainable communities.
CHFU focuses on the creation of educational and sustainable development opportunities for orphans, impoverished youth, and women in Uganda´s rural communities.
The principal philosophy behind CHFU´s mission is believing that a better life is possible. We seek grassroots solutions to local challenges in an effort to help people help themselves.
• Rural Health Initiative: The Mobile Clinic provides medical access to rural villages. C.H.F.U counsels, conducts HIV screenings and treats people with HIV/AIDS. Services are provided to people with general ailments. Doctors, nurses, and dentists are always needed. However, opportunities to serve beside trained C.H.F.U staff are available to those without medical training.
• The Land of Hope - Project Bugembe: Building a sustainable community for orphaned children and families. We appeal to volunteers, medical teams, social workers, mission boards and any others who might be interested to bring teams to visit the project area here in Bugembe, Uganda. Many opportunities exist for short term or long-term volunteers.
• Water Well Project: C.H.F.U. team members digging for safe clean water for their community. This water well project is generously being funded by a donor in the United States.
There are opportunities in all aspects of CHFU´s operations. Anyone with a heart to reach out and serve orphans and widows in Africa will find exciting projects to bring God´s love to these deserving people.
Ways you can get involved:
• Raise awareness in your community – Give a presentation to your child’s class or school, a civic group, or your faith-based community.
• Volunteer – Show your support for Children’s Help Foundation Uganda or another organization working to address the pandemic by giving your time, talents, or expertise.
• Host a house party – Invite your friends and family to your home and educate them about the challenges of HIV/AIDS in Africa.
Michael Kamya Kefa is the Founder of the Children´s Help Foundation Uganda (CHFU).
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.