Society for Human & Natural Resource Development
Royal Campus, Murghazar Road, P.O Box #42
Saidu Sharif Distt. Swat-19100 NWFP
Ansprechpartner: Azam Khan
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Alternative Ökonomie
LASOONA – Society for Human and Natural Resource Development is a local, multi-disciplinary, development oriented and non-profit making organization. LASOONA affirms to be committed to well being of masses through promoting ecologically sound development in remote and impoverished pockets of Pakistan in general and North West Frontier province (NWFP) in particular. LASOONA was established in 1997 by a group of highly motivated and civic minded people. It formally registered under societies act of 1860. By the time of establishment, the founding leadership laid the foundation of LASOONA with the premise of promoting ecologically sound development. LASOONA is a Pushto word, meaning “Hands”.
Our Vision: We envision a prosperous society promoting ecologically sound development based on the principles of equality, participation and transparency.
Mission: To support poor and marginalized communities through social mobilization, capacity development and natural resource management.
Programs Thematic Focus: As we all know that poverty has a number of different dimensions and LASOONA has designed a holistic program package to address all these dimensions in an effective manner. The major program components of LASOONA are:
- Livelihood Support Program (LSP): Program Goal: To improve food security and livelihood opportunities of the marginalized communities through enterprise development, agriculture, livestock and natural resource management.
- Human and Institutional Development Program (HID): Program Goal: Sustainable human and institutional development of civil society, government line agencies and elected representatives through advocacy, capacity building and knowledge management.
- Social Mobilization and Group Formation: Program Goal: To organize and strengthen marginalized communities through social mobilization, capacity development and linkage building.
- Disaster Management: Program Goal: To reduce vulnerability of disaster prone communities through relief & rehabilitation and promoting disaster preparedness skills and practices.
Mr. Azam Khan is a management graduate and is the Executive Director of LASOONA since 2000. He also did his post graduate diploma from the Netherlands. He has about 10 years experience in the development sector.
For other net participants we can offer expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture and establish new contacts in the field of our work. Also we can collaborate in joint projects.