Little Fighters Cancer Trust
15 Castle Street
Ansprechpartner: Billi Du Preez
+27 82 954 2731; +27 (21) 870 1282
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The Little Fighters Cancer Trust (LFCT) is a Non-Profit Public Benefit Organisation that offers support and aid to Children with Cancer and their Families.
The Trust was established in 2010 when it was found that there were Childhood Cancer-affected families that were falling through the cracks when it comes to practical assistance.
• We support children with cancer and their families.
• We promote childhood cancer awareness
The Little Fighters Cancer Trust strives to relieve some of the heartache and difficulties faced by childhood cancer affected families.
• We undertake to do so without discrimination against sex, religion, social status, race or culture.
• We commit ourselves to providing support with a holistic approach, the end result always needs to be the preservation of individual dignity and pride.
• We will not implement any procedural limitations which will cause a delay in delivering assistance to children with cancer and their families.
• We do not have any limitations as to the types of assistance we can and will offer except for the availability of funding.
• We will at all times treat each child with cancer and his/ her family as individuals as we understand and respect the uniqueness of each situation.
• We undertake to promote and advocate national childhood cancer awareness in an effort to increase the amount of diagnosed childhood cancer cases in South Africa, as an increase in earlier diagnosis will result in a higher survival rate for children with cancer in South Africa.
• Transporting Little Fighters and their families back and forth from hospitals. For many the traveling costs are crippling so we take care of this aspect for the families.
• Offering assistance with paying the ever mounting medical expenses these families accrue. Every parent want the best medical care for their child under these circumstances, but medical care is hugely expensive and the majority of our Little Fighter´s families cannot afford medical insurances.
• Donations of food, clothing, medical equipment and anything else to alleviate the financial burden of the families.
• We organize special outings for Little Fighters and their families when they are able to travel so that they can have a semblance of normality and some fun and laughter.
• We organize prayer and healing groups whenever one of the Little Fighters in our network has special need for such support or there is a sudden medical crisis.
• Apart from supporting families nationally and adopting cancer wards in places of safety, we also have an ongoing project where we extend support to children in pediatric oncology wards around the country.
Billi Du Preez is the Marketing/PR Consultant at the Little Fighters Cancer Trust.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.