922 Davis Street,
IL 60201 Evanston
Ansprechpartner: Eric James
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Field Ready is a non-profit, non-governmental organization, that is pioneering ways to provide humanitarian relief and meets need by transforming logistics and ultimately how aid is provided.
Field Ready was conceived at Singularity University located in Mt View, California, by Eric James and Nick Haan in August 2012. The organization was incorporated in late 2013 and received its 501c3 status in 2014.
Our vision is that in the context of international aid, everyone will have the supplies they need, where they need them and when they need them. This means that:
• Relief, recovery and reconstruction are done "faster, cheaper and better"
• Reliance on fragile and costly supply chains is reduced – and the benefits of localization are increased – because 100% of supplies that CAN be made locally ARE
• Impacts of humanitarian are delivered more efficiently and effectively because will always have the supplies they need to do their work
• Resilience and preparedness is increased because they have access to means of production tools and the capabilities to realize their own recovery with them
• We aim to meet humanitarian need by transforming logistics through technology, innovative design and engaging people in new ways.
• We make useful items to solve problems locally in various sectors such as health, water and sanitation, shelter and search/rescue.
• We do this by using the latest technology including 3D printers and laser cutters as well as traditional manufacturing machines.
• We pass on these skills to others through training and pioneering innovative approaches to the toughest challenges.
• The impact of this is dramatically improved efficiency in aid delivery by quickly meeting needs and cutting procurement costs.
• We do this by working with a variety of partners and helping to build people´s resilience. Gifts are deductible to the full extent allowable under IRS regulations.
Our activities: Field Ready has:
• Made hundreds of relief and reconstruction items using techniques such as 3D printers, injection molds and specialty software
• Trained hundreds of people in design, technology and humanitarian relief
• Created an innovative approach that is being replicated in other countries and disaster zones
• Assisted thousands of disaster-affected people
• Presented our approach at numerous venues and conferences such as TEDx, Maker Faires and the World Humanitarian Summit
• Formed partnerships with a range of sector leaders including World Vision, UNICEF and the FabFoundation
Eric James is the Co-Founder and Director of Field Ready.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.