Empower And Care Organization (EACO)
Mukono, Kayunga road on YMCA Lane
Ansprechpartner: Shadrak Kyobe
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Empower And Care Organization (EACO) is a registered non profit Community Charity Organisation operating in Mukono district, Central Uganda; it has some project/beneficiaries in Maracha district in West Nile. It was founded in 2004 and registered in 2006 and been in operation since then.
The vision of EACO is a world free and/or reduction of poverty and HIV/AIDS in the community
The mission of EACO is to reduce poverty and HIV/AIDS through economic empowerment, educational opportunities and support for disadvantaged groups. Their activities are targeted toward vulnerable women, especially widows and those living with HIV/AIDS; vulnerable children, youth, and the elderly.
• To stimulate, promote, and support economic activities in rural communities that improve quality of life for disadvantaged and marginalized persons
• To prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS and mitigate its effects
• To improve agricultural production by making necessary resources available
• To build and strengthen the capacity of community groups in order to improve upon management and planning at the local level
• To build and strengthen strategic partnerships to maximize and effect change
• To mobilize resources and facilities from key stakeholders, government and donors so as to implement community programmes
EACO provides physical and psychosocial support to marginalized and at-risk women, vulnerable children and orphans, youth and the elderly living in Mukono district. The organization seeks to empower women through economic development, which it achieves through education programmes, vocational training, and the provision of health care.
EACO interventions focus on poverty reduction and address the effects of HIV/AIDS.
EACO´s programmes include but not limited to the followings: Economic empowerment (Livelihood); HIV/AIDS (Health); Water and Sanitation; Education; Youth/Childcare support among others.
• Restoring hope for the marginalized: This program targets grandmothers, Widows, Orphans, and vulnerable children (OVCs) living with their caretakers.
• Enhancing agricultural productivity: Beekeeping project
• Child and human protection
• Sexual/Reproductive Health Program, which focuses on counseling and guidance, educational trainings, and community outreach related to HIV/AIDS, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), family planning, and life skills planning.
• Vocational and Life Skills Training
• Public Health, Water and Sanitation Projects
Shadrak Kyobe is the Director/Project Coordinator of Empower And Care Organization (EACO).
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities, Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.