Sweifieh, Ali Nasouh al-Taher, P.O.Box 1261 Amman
Ansprechpartner: Rasha Abdel Latif
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
Through the support of the Netherlands’ Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Partners-Jordan has been established in 2006, based on a needs assessment study that has been conducted in Jordan in 1994, as a local not for profit national center in Jordan.
Since initiation, Partners-Jordan is committed to advance civil society, promote mediation, conflict management, create culture of change, and encourage citizen participation in Jordan’s social and political development.
Additionally the center focuses on strengthening ongoing government reform efforts by facilitating government-civil society dialogue and cooperation, and offers a range of skills and services designed to strengthen democracy and citizen participation, including:
• Promote in-country training and trainer expertise to increase citizen participation, build consensus and manage disputes.
• Provide change and dispute management services (e.g. mediation, facilitation of dialogues, conciliation and cooperative planning services) to help communities, government and business leaders resolve contentious local issues.
• Encourage new public policies using citizen participation processes to build “bottom-up”support for reform initiatives, laws on mediation, and civil society reforms.
• Promote democratic development through programs utilizing change and dispute management skills that lead to results such as improved governance, strengthened civic leadership and more effective and sustainable institutions.
Furthermore, Partners Jordan is a member of Partners for Democratic Change International (PDCI), which is the international network of Partners Centers.
PDCI facilitates the exchange of expertise between Centers and the mobilization of international teams of experts. In developing new Centers, Partners works with the PDCI to ensure the transfer of expertise, using experienced trainers from various countries to build new Centers’ training, application, and organizational development capacities.
Partners for Democratic Change (Partners) is an international NGO committed to building sustainable local capacity to advance civil society and a culture of change and conflict management worldwide. Since inception in 1989, Partners has provided vital communication, negotiation, and cooperative planning skills to thousands of civic, NGO, municipal and national government leaders in nearly 50 countries. Partners’ locally managed national Centers work within communities to facilitate the resolution of disputes and build consensus on neighborhood, business, majority-minority, and citizen-police issues.
Partners’ Centers are currently located in: Americas (United States, Argentina, Colombia, Mexico, Brazil & Peru), Europe (Albania, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Georgia, Hungary, Kosova, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Serbia & Slovakia), and Middle East & North Africa (Jordan & Yemen)
Partners-Jordan Executive Director: Ms. Raja Hiyari
Partners-Jordan Board Members: Mr. Laith Al-Qasem –Partners-Jordan President, Ms. Reem Abu Hassan- Partners-Jordan Vice President, Mr. Sa’ad Karajah & Mr. Raymond Shonholtz.
Ms. Rasha Abdel Latif is a program officer of the organization.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.