No For Drugs (NFD)
Ansprechpartner: Garo Margossian
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Drug Addiction is considered as the most important of the major problems that invade our world in general and our Lebanese society in particular after this epidemic assaulted the Lebanese youth.
NFD (No For Drugs) is a nongovernmental, non-profit, organization. Founded by Garo Margossian and registered in 2006. After the loss of four of his friends by overdose, and one brother fell in the trap of drugs, seven years of volunteer work in a drug prevention organization, leaving the country and coming back again, Garo felt it was time for him to provide professional services and help for drug addicts in Lebanon.
Our main goal is:
• To bring awareness to young people all over the country.
• To give addicts´ parents and friends´ guidance, so they can support the person they care about, and understand the problem they are going through as much as possible.
• And last but not least, we are here to help addicts remember that their life is their own choice, that even if they get to a point where nothing seems possible anymore, where they feel stuck, desperate and helpless, there is always a way to become free of drugs, a way to learn how to dream again, and make their life what they want it to be.
NFD insists on actively playing a role in this matter, in the most efficient way possible. We are receiving addicts from all over Lebanon and sometimes from abroad. With each of them, we are discussing the problem on a personal level, trying to take into consideration every issue (legal, family, professional, environmental…) and trying to find the best available solution for each case. On a long term run, NFD is planning on creating on one hand a hospital specialized in taking in charge patients during their withdrawal period, and on the other hand, a rehabilitation center offering an affordable treatment for the largest possible number, and according to the latest international protocols.
• On the road: International Day against drug abuse Antelias square. NFD members spreading brochures.
• Universities: NFD members bring awareness and information and spread brochures.
• NFD adopted the foundation of an efficient rehab center as a major objective.: A suitable 1000 square meters land has been donated particularly for the project located in the valley of Ghedras( plot 881) keserwan on an altitude of 650 meters above sea level, far from the city´s noise. A serene, beautiful place that made possible what was an irrational dream.
Garo Margossianis the Founder of NFD (No For Drugs).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.