Child in Crisis Foundation (SA)
PO Box 1056
Ansprechpartner: Jonker, Gert J.
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
The Child in Crisis Foundation (SA), implements, co-ordinates and manages projects critical to the children and youth of South Africa.The Foundation - established in 1999 in response to the critical need of young people for shelter, access to primary health services and education - is also registered as a non-profit organization (NPO) with the South African Department of Welfare. A Board of Directors approves strategic direction and policy, whilst a management team is responsible for the execution of strategy, policy and the daily affairs of the Foundation. The Foundation focuses on four areas of service delivery to children and youth:
- health and community development,
- youth and sport development.
Mission statement: "To develop and implement initiatives that will portray the Child in Crisis Foundation (SA) as the leading non governmental organization in developmental issues affecting children and youth, and in so doing contribute to nation building."
Its approach is based on:
- aligning the Foundation's initiatives with critical regional issues impacting upon young people's lives,
- adopting a facilitative and catalytic role in establishing projects to serve as models for replication,
- establishment of delivery structures,
- encouragement of strategic partnerships with stakeholders through the building of relationships,
- achieving self-sustainability for all projects.
For other net participants we can offer expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture, procure expert information in the following fields: HIV/AIDS, child abuse.