Better Life Association for Comprehensive Development (BLACD)
53 Adnan El-Malki St.,
Ard Sultan, Minia
Ansprechpartner: Maher Boshra
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Better Life Association for Comprehensive Development (BLACD) is a civic human not for profit organization that is established on 1995 in Mina Governorate. Its geographic scope is Egypt.
Since the year 2000 BLACD is adopting human rights developments based approach and integrates this approach into its policies and strategies instead of filling the needs and gaps and provide services. BLACD works to raise the awareness toward giving the rights to marginalized and deprived people. BLACD also focuses on poor people organization in informal and formal institutions and movements as well as build their capacity to get their rights and to lead and implement their own advocacy campaigns.
• Egyptian communities – with the focus on Upper Egypt area - enjoy their rights and positively participate in addressing their own life issues, for their better life.
• BLACD is pioneer and effective because it owns the needed systems, relations, human resources, finance and information that ensure its ability to achieve its vision.
We (BLACD) work to empower the most marginalized and poorest people to enjoy their rights through promoting the culture of Right Based Approach in development, community organization, empowering the executive and civic institutions to play their community roles effectively and link them with policies makers and help them to lead advocacy issues and build local, regional and international networks
• Empower the poorest people in BLACD target communities to be able to enjoy their rights and to positively participate in community issues
• Empower BLACD with the financial and human resources that ensure its ability to achieve its mission and be able to introduce development models for others to follow
Areas of work
• Democracy & Human Rights
• Economic Empowerment
• Community Development and Human Rights/Development of Poor Communities
• Preventing Female Genital Mutilation/Eliminating Female Genital Mutilation and Protecting Children against Violence
• Think Twice: Teaching Children about Human Rights through Art
• Water and Sanitation
• Raising Awareness of HIV/AIDS
• Improving Housing
• Supporting Democracy
• Improving the Livelihood of Fisher Folk
Maher Boshra is the Founder of Better Life Association for Comprehensive Development (BLACD).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.