Association of the Egyptian Female Lawyers (AEFL)
13 Sudan St.
Dokki , Giza
Ansprechpartner: Rabha Fathy
+20 2 37621049; +20 106 55 242 55
+20 2 37621049
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Association of the Egyptian Female Lawyers (AEFL) is a registered NGO with the mission of activating women´s political participation and supporting women´s legal and political rights that approved by national law and international conventions, as well as contribute in building the capacity of governmental and non-governmental women-serving organizations.
AEFL is seeking to create Egyptian women who can defend their rights and work to spread values of gender equality, justice, and freedom within Egyptian society through awareness programs, research studies and networking with governmental and non-governmental institutions concerned with women issues.
AEFL works towards spreading the values of gender equality, justice, and freedom within Egyptian society, encouraging girls and ladies to get their political, social and legal rights.
• Empower women to defend their political, legal, and social rights.
• Raise awareness of women´s political status and the importance of activating their role within Egyptian society.
• Build a strong front of female lawyers who are qualified and involved in both political and public life.
• Raise awareness of the international conventions and instruments protecting human, particularly women´s, rights in order to change the culture of the community.
Activities and projects:
• A network was formed in the targeted governorates. This network works through monthly meetings in the headquarters of the association in Cairo.
• Establishing legal units for supporting Egyptian women and providing legal assistance in framework of the project was funded by MAMA Cash institution.
• Preparing a study about sexual harassment in Cairo governorate.
• Programs of legal clinic for sexual harassment victim.
• Building the capacities for female candidates to fight last parliamentary election.
• Issuing a brochure entitled "Women voting is their voices" to identify women with the steps of voting during the electorate process.
• Configuring good relationships with governmental and non governmental institutions concerned with women and family issues.
• AEFL comprises a female lawyer team at a high level of experience and efficiency.
• Enhancing & empowering Egyptian woman to participate in civil life
• Stop violence against women.
• Supporting the democratic transition phase at local level.
• Public seminar on dangers of trafficking and violence against women and children
• Campaign against human trafficking in Egypt
Rabha Fathy is the Board Chairman of the Association of Egyptian Female Lawyers (AEFL).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.