Eco & Sustainable Tourism Israel
Ansprechpartner: Michal Wimmer-Luria
Eco & Sustainable Tourism Israel is a non for profit organization, established on 2006, in order to promote awareness and implementation of sustainable principles and practices in Israel's tourism industry.
The organization’s vision is to turn the Israeli tourism industry into a vehicle for conserving natural and cultural resources and enhancing local communities' self sufficiency and empowerment capabilities.
• Educating, raising awareness and interest
• Providing knowledge and tools for stakeholders
• Encouraging implementation of the knowledge and tools
In order to join our business community, web data base and promotions, businesses have to provide evidence that they act in the following fields:
• Water saving and recycling
• Energy saving
• Reducing, separating and recycling of waste
• Green building
• Eco, bio and organic growing
• Use of environmental‐friendly products
• Investment in the community
• Encouraging walking, cycling and use of clean means of transportation
• Support nature and culture conservation efforts
• Responsible marketing
• Lectures, workshops, courses and seminars
• Conceptual, strategic and landscape planning
• Research and survey
• professional tours in Israel and abroad
Michal Wimmer-Luria is the Founder & CEO of Eco & Sustainable Tourism Israel.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.