D - 17, 1:6, Sahyadri CHS. Ltd., Sector- 08, Sanpada,
400705 Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
Ansprechpartner: Ravindra Sonawane
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Our name says it all "Jagruti" means a mass and deep level awareness towards the overall development of the society and it empowers people in collective or an independent action for the betterment of the down trodden section of the society irrespective of class, caste, religion, creed. The Jagruti Foundation (JF) formally has been registered in a year 2006
Our main goal is to create awareness in the backward class and down trodden section of the society which not only creates awareness but also makes people behavior meaningful and positive attitude towards the precious life.
Our motto is to create a generation that cherishes and welcomes to the next generation with good health and esteemed life.
• From the inception JF has been engaged in delivering informative services to the down trodden like mass awareness on anti-tobacco, meditation and eradication of superstition, dispensing education material to school going children.
• Anti Tobacco Campaigning
• Anti Tobacco Intervention in slum area
• Anti Tobacco Intervention in Rural Maharashtra: Our road shows, group sessions, group counseling, power point presentation, individual counseling have been an effective communication tools to reach to the root of the problem and helped youth to realize and minimize the problem. Through our rural intervention program we reached to Sindhudurg, Ahmadnagar, Pune, Sangali, Satara and some part of Marathwada region of Maharashtra.
• School Campaigning: Our school campaigning not only stick to tobacco control but also offer sessions on value based education, life skill education, confidence building, time management & national integration always helped us in creating environment for effective dialogue.
• Anti Tobacco Youth Club: The objective behind forming such clubs were to encourage other youth to quit tobacco and join the movement viz club members will also motivate them to join the club.
• Work with Construction Workers: Services delivered to construction workers via information generation, group sessions, poster exhibition, group counseling and counseling to come out of addiction of tobacco.
• Note Book Distribution to Deprived section of the society: Recently organized a cultural program for school children in Sindhudurg comprising information generation on tobacco control and with lots of fun activity and ended up with a Diwali gift from JF a meal tiffin to all around 700 students In the school.
• Meditation: In early stage JF has initiated this activity by organizing Meditation Camps in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Thane to help individuals to cope up with the stress, negative thoughts, loneliness, fear and lack of confidence.
• Elimination of Superstitions
• Anti Tobacco Awareness
• Women Empowerment
• Child Health and Care
• Senior Citizens
• Rural Development
• Human Rights
Ravindra Sonawane is the Founder & Coordinator of Jagruti Foundation (JF).