New Janiguda, Rangabali Kumbha Road
764020 Koraput, Odisha
Ansprechpartner: Jagannath Mishra
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Ekta, Koraput is a registered nongovernmental & not for profit organization has been working in the district of Koraput, Odisha, India since 1994 with the most marginalized sections of the society for the socio-economic and political development & empowerment. Now, it has broadened its activities in Rayagada, Khordha & Nabrangpur districts of the state.
Core strategies at Ekta
• Mobilization & organization of community people into groups and strengthening them through capacity building, exposure & opportunity.
• Being a catalyst, create opportunities at different levels for the community people to identify their issues, prioritize them and fight for their genuine rights & entitlements.
• Empowerment of women through formation of groups and involve them in the decision making process.
• Promotion of appropriate pro-poor land, water & water management practices leading to preservation and creation of resource based of the community.
Ekta plays a role of a catalyst and adopts community participatory approach for advancing the cause of the vulnerable, creating opportunity and building up their capacity.
Dreaming of a just, equitable and sustainable society where vulnerable can lead a healthy and dignified living without any discrimination by fulfilling their basic necessities, enjoying their rights and discharging their duties.
Programmes and Projects
• SHAKTI VARTA Program: A government of Odisha´s innovative approach to integrate Mission Shakti SHGs and other community members in addressing Health, Nutrition and Water & Sanitation (HNWASH) issues of the community which envisages community mobilization using Participatory and Learning Action (PLA) cycle with women´s Self Help Groups and main purpose of the programme are to reduce Infant Mortality Rate (IMR), Maternal Mortality Rate (MMR) and provide adequate information, create demand generation and service linkage on HNWASH.
• HIV/AIDS for MSM, Transgender & Hijra (MTH) community: Pehchan Project is being implemented in different slums and rural pockets of whole Koraput district with the support of SAATHI Alliance for MSM, Transgender and Hijra (MTH) community with an objective to give a platform for these communities to meet, share, discuss and address the issues pertaining to them.
• Target Intervention-HIV/AIDS for Female Sex Workers (FSW): Target Intervention project was supported by Odisha State AIDS Control Society (OSACS) since 2009.
Social Inclusion of the Children with Disabilities
• Need-based Support for Children with Disabilities / Advocacy and Mainstreaming of People with Disabilities / Physical Rehabilitation of the Persons with disabilities / Community Based Rehabilitation for People with Disabilities
• Good Governance and Social Justice stresses on promoting good governance, transparency & accountability at different levels
• Adivasi Ekta Sasaktikaran Sammanaya (AESS): Means ´Regional Initiative for Tribal Empowerment and Solidarity´ which works for tribal rights & identity, child sponsorship, child and woman rights, livelihood promotion etc.
• Sathi Coalition project for empowering tribal & dalits: The mission of the Coalition is to assist and equip a network of marginalised Tribals and Dalits, with a particular focus on women, in local decision making processes specially relating to the implementation of Government development programmes.
Livelihood & Climate Change
• Sustainable Option for Uplifting Livelihood project (SOUL): We focus sustainable livelihood options through community based organization (CBO) at grass root level.
• Promotion and popularization of clean cook stove for addressing the issues of health and climate change through women groups
• Increase level of awareness on CHILDLINE service / Address all child related issues (exploitation, abuse-physical, emotional, sexual, child labour and neglected and negligent treatment) through CHILDLINE Service
Jagannath Mishra is the Secretary of Ekta.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.