Evergreen Naturs Study Club
Lot 217 Lamaha Street
North Cummingsburg, Georgetown
Ansprechpartner: Fritz H. Ogle
- Umwelt- und Zukunftsforschung
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The Evergreen Naturs Study Club is an autonomous, non-profit-making organization dedicated to educating and reeducating people on nature studies, that is, promoting environmental literacy and providing nature tours.
The objective of the club is to spread knowledge about Guyana´s natural resources and how to make good use of them in a holistic manner.
Projects carried out by the club include:
- Outreach educational programmes for Primary and Secondary school students,
- production of plants namely food, medicinal, ornamental and forest species,
- plant and animal pest/disease control in communities,
- production of Nature Study handbooks, audio and video cassettes,
- conservation of natural habitats,
- provision of nature-based goods and services.
Meetings are held at North Georgetown Secondary School, Woolford Avenue, once a month. Products of the club are exhibited at the Jenman Education Center, Botanic Gardens, Georgetown. A valuable certificate is offered upon completion of studies, and field trips form part of the study.
Fritz H. Ogle is the Club Chairman.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities, expert guidance through trained staff, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work. Other supporting possibilities: Possibilities of project funding.